Archives: What to Know When Choosing Dangerous Goods Storage Cabinets
Dangerous goods storage cabinets are necessary for the safe and secure storage of flammable liquids and gases, as well as toxic, oxidising, organic, combustible, and corrosive substances and peroxides. Having them inside premises is not only to ensure a safe workplace, but also to meet national and local standards and requirements.
If you maintain a facility that deals with these, choosing the right dangerous goods storage cabinet is important. Consider these factors.
Archives: Where to Get Quality 24v Diesel Pumps and Other Accessories
If you’re running or maintaining a facility that requires 24v diesel pumps and other related accessories to deliver business solutions or meet industrial needs, you know that you have to do everything that you can to make sure that you get quality products to make full use of the investment. The good news is: there are plenty of resources that you can choose from, for that. The bad news is: not all of these resources is a good option. So to help you sift through the choices and find the best one for your needs, consider these tips.
Archives: SULFURIC ACID SPILL
Sulfuric Acid Spill (In the event of battery acid leakage)
- Neutralize the spill with soda ash or baking soda. Use 1 pound of baking soda to 1 gallon of water.
- The acid reaction is complete when it stops fizzing. Make certain that the acid is neutralized by checking the pH is neutral between 6 and 8.
- Absorb neutralized material onto clay or other absorbent material, if necessary. If the spill is very large, contain the spill with earth or clay dikes.
- Brush under the battery connectors and remove all grime. Rinse the residue from the battery with clean water with a hose.
- Report the incident to your supervisor.
- Determine proper disposal by contacting local environmental authorities.
Archives: Facing A/C Replacement? Factors to Consider
Doing research for an A/C replacement is a good use of time because it’s a complex process that requires careful choices for your comfort, satisfaction, energy bills and the system’s lifetime. These are the most important factors that affect the system you choose: